Can I provide my clients with SSH access?
Yes, you can. To enable jailed SSH access on a per-service basis you may do so via the Synergy Wholesale System, API or WHMCS. To do it via the web interface:
- Login to your Synergy Wholesale Management Console.
- Using the menu go to ‘Hosting’ and select ‘Manage’.
- Click the applicable service and a drop-down of options will appear, select ‘Configure.
- Click on ‘SSH Access’
- There you may enter their IP address from where they will be accessing SSH, and enable connectivity.
SSH will then be available to your client on the designated port using their cPanel username and password.
A few points to remember
- You’ll only need to enable it on the accounts which require SSH or SFTP access.
- You will need your clients IP address to whitelist them for access.
- It’s preferable your client has a static IP to avoid you visiting the page frequently to re-enable their access.
- You will need tor re-enable their IP for access, even if they have a static IP, every 28 days.
If you need any assistance managing SSH Access for your clients, feel free to get in touch with our support team via a Support Request, Live Chat or by calling us on (03) 8399 9383.