How do I find email headers?
Email headers can be very important in understanding any email delays or bouncebacks. Email headers will often provide crucial information when you’re troubleshooting these issues with your clients. This information will often be requested if you need to contact Synergy Wholesale’s support team.
An excellent tool for analysing email headers can be found at https://messageheader.appspot.com/
Retrieving your email headers is dependent on your email application; once you have pulled up the email headers with the instructions (as below), you should copy (Ctrl+A) and paste (Ctrl+V) as required:
How to retrieve email headers from Gmail
- Login to your Gmail account.
- Open the email.
- Click the down arrow adjacent to the Reply link, which is located in the upper right above your email.
- Click Show Original.
How to retrieve email headers from Hotmail
- Login to your Hotmail account.
- Open the email.
- Click on the Options tab on the top navigation bar.
- Click on the Mail Display Settings link.
- Change the Message Headers option to Full.
- Click the OK button.
How to retrieve email headers from Outlook 2010
- Open Outlook 2010.
- Open the email and locate the Message tab.
- Select the Message Options arrow.
- A pop-up window will appear on your screen containing a section with internet headers.
How to retrieve email headers from Mac Mail
- Open Mac Mail
- Click on the email to open it.
- From the View menu, select Source.
- A pop-up window will appear on your screen containing the email with full headers.
How to retrieve email headers from Thunderbird
- Select the email.
- Go to View > Headers > All
- The header section will now have more information.
How to retrieve email headers from Axigen Webmail
- Open the email inside Axigen webmail.
- At the bottom of the screen, underneath the email message, click on Source.
- This will show the full email headers. To go back to the email message, click on Message.