How do I perform a traceroute?
A traceroute provides us with data on the route your computer/internet provider is taking to reach our server (essentially which roads it’s taking). To conduct a traceroute please follow the instructions below.
- Open the command window by clicking START, then RUN (you may need to search for it). Type CMD, and click OK.
- In the command window type “tracert yourdomain.com” and press enter. Substitute yourdomain.com in for your websites domain.
- To copy the results right click the command window, select mark, highlight the text and right click again. You can then post the results where you need them (such as a support request).
Note: Change yourdomain.com to your real domain name.
- Go to the Applications folder, then Utilities, then Network Utility.
- Click on the traceroute tab and specify your domain name.
- Click Enter