How do I run a Ping?
A ping tests the connection between two networks (your computer and our hosting server) by sending packets to a host and then reporting the time it takes to get a response This allows us to see where your computer is going looking for the website (the IP), if you’re reaching our server, and if there’s any dropped packets. To conduct a ping please follow the instructions below.
- Open the command window by clicking START, then RUN (you may need to search for it). Type CMD, and click OK.
- In the command window type “ping yourdomain.com” and press enter. Substitute yourdomain.com in for your websites domain.
- To copy the results right click the command window, select mark, highlight the text and right click again. You can then post the results where you need them (such as a support request).
Note: Change yourdomain.com to your real domain name.
- Go to the Applications folder, then Utilities, then Network Utility.
- Click on the ping tab and specify your domain name.
- Click Ping