How do I use the cPanel File Manager?
Within cPanel web hosting services is a File Manager tool which can be used to manage files located within your service. It allows for the adding and removal, moving, renaming, and editing of files within the cPanel hosting service. This is beneficial for smaller changes or when access to an FTP application is not possible.
To access the cPanel File Manager please follow these steps:
- Login to cPanel.
- Go to the File Manager icon.
What are some basic functions?
To upload files:
- Click Upload.
- Select your file permissions; or let cPanel will define them automatically (644 chmod).
- Click Choose File.
- Select a file from your local computer.
- Click Open.
- Your file has been uploaded.
To create a new folder:
- Click New Folder.
- Enter the name of the new folder.
- Click Create New Folder.
Creating a new file:
- Click New File.
- Enter the name of the new file.
- Click Create New File.
Editing an existing file:
- Right-click a file in your main window.
- Click Edit or Code Edit.
- Click Edit.
- Update the file using the editor.
- Click Save Changes.