My domain name is in a Redemption status, how do I renew it?
When a gTLD such as a .com, .net or .org has been expired for some time, typically 40 days, it will be deleted at the registry. This places the domain into a status of “Redemption” where it can only be renewed with the registrar in which it expired with, this status lasts for another 30 days.
During the Redemption status a domain name can be renewed with us for an additional cost to cover the RGP fee. You may complete this via the following steps:
- Login to your Synergy Wholesale System account.
- Using the menu go to Domain Names and click Manage.
- Click the applicable domain and in the dropdown options click Restore.
- There you will find the fee and a confirmation to restore from Redemption.
- Proceed through this step and allow up to 24-48 hours for the domain to come online completely.
If you have any questions regarding the Redemption status of a domain name, feel free to get in touch with our support team via a Support Request.