Using Memcached, Redis and other object caching services
Our web hosting services don’t have Memcached, Redis, or any other object caching service installed. However, we do have the Redis and Memcached PHP modules installed on our shared hosting platform, which means we do support the ability to connect to a 3rd party object caching services.
Enabling the Redis or Memcached PHP Modules
Here are the steps you need to take in order to enable the modules:
- Login to your Synergy Wholesale account
- Click on Hosting to the left of the page
- Click on Manage
- Click on the web hosting service you want to login to
- Click on the Maintenance tab in the drop-down menu
- Click cPanel Login
- Click on Select PHP Version under Software
- Under PHP Extensions, you can check the box next to Memcached or Redis, to enable the module
The page will no reload, the cPanel interface will simply show a green success message when the change has been completed.
Instead of using Redis or Memcached, we’d highly recommend using LiteSpeed Cache, which we do support. LiteSpeed has plugins for WordPress, Magento, Joomla, Prestashop, Opencart, Xenforo, Larevel, Shopware, and Media Wiki.