How can CNAME, A or TXT records be created within cPanel?
If you’re using the Synergy cPanel web hosting nameservers, you may wish to add additional CNAME, A or TXT records to your DNS zone. To do this:
- Login to cPanel.
- Click on the Advanced DNS Zone Editor.
- Select the domain the new record is to apply to.
- In the name field enter your domain name or subdomain.
- Set your TTL and record type as required.
- Enter the destination address/CNAME/TXT accordingly.
- Add Record.
You can add as many records as required; existing records may be edited or deleted further down the page. Please be aware that DNS records edited in here only work if the Synergy cPanel web hosting nameservers are being used, if any other nameservers are being used on the domain these records will not be applicable.
When DNS records are adjusted please allow up to 24 hours for DNS to propagate.