How do I register a Registry Host or glue record?
Synergy Wholesale supports the creation of Registry Hosts (also referred to as glue records, custom nameservers or child nameservers) on all domain name registrations.
Why do I need to add Registry Hosts?
Typically, one needs to setup Registry Hosts (sometimes referred to as Child Name Servers) when they are doing either of the following:
- Setting up their own Name Servers
- Creating white label Name Server addresses, that actually just point to their web hosting provider’s Name Severs.
Synergy Wholesale has 5 different sets of nameservers, you will need to create Registry Hosts for each of these, as the hosting services are assigned to different nameservers for load balancing.
You can find each of our nameservers and their corresponding IP addresses here
How to add Registry Hosts to your domain name
To complete this through your Synergy Wholesale System account please follow these steps:
- Log in to your Synergy Wholesale System account.
- Go to Domain Names in the menu and select Manage.
- Click on the domain you wish to edit and select Registry Hosts.
- Under Create New Registry Host fill in the details as required.
- Hostname – E.g. ns1.mydomain.com
- IPv4 Address – An IPv4 address, typically the address of a Name Server
- IPv6 Address – An IPv6 address, typically the address of a Name Server
- Repeat step 4 as required.
Please remember once you have setup your Registry Hosts that you will also need to setup DNS A records with your DNS provider.