Can the PHP configuration be changed?
Yes you can change the configuration of the PHP environment through the use of the PHP Selector on a per cPanel web hosting service basis.
Within cPanel PHP Selector functionality is now available to both adjust the PHP version running within the hosting service, but also to adjust the loaded PHP modules. This allows you to select between PHP versions 5.2, 5.3, 5.4 and 5.5. To use this please follow these steps:
- Login to cPanel.
- Click the Select PHP Version icon.
- You will see the option PHP Version, adjust this to suit.
- Set any required modules to enabled.
- Click Save.
- If you previously had a custom php.ini file set, please remove it from your /public_html and comment out the SetENV/PHPRC line from your .htaccess file.
- In the event you have a Business hosting service, please complete the steps in this additional FAQ article; Economy hosting services require no further changes.
Note the “Native” PHP version is the one compiled as the servers default, this is typically the latest stable 5.5.x release.