WHMCS v7 Domains Module Install Guide
PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW ENTIRELY TO ENSURE
CONTINUED FUNCTIONALITY OF YOUR WHMCS.
The following guide will assist you with configuring and setting up the Synergy Wholesale WHMCS Domains Module for use with WHMCS v7.
- Download the updated Synergy Wholesale WHMCS Domains Module from within the API Information section within the Synergy Wholesale management system.
- Unzip the downloaded file and upload the contents of “synergywholesaledomains” to your WHMCS directory.
- Obtain your Reseller ID and API Key from the API Information section. In the event that you have not enabled API access you will need to follow the steps on-screen, and ensure that you add the IP address of your WHMCS installation into the ‘Allow IP Addresses’ section:
- Login to your WHMCS installation and navigate to the section of Setup ? Products/Service ? Domain Registrars. When viewing this page scroll down to Synergy Wholesale Domains Module and click Activate to be presented with the module configuration options:
- Retrieve your Reseller ID and API Key and insert them into the relevant sections in the module configure page (as shown above).
IMPORTANT: If you have previously used our module as “VentraIP Wholesale” you will need to click the ‘Convert from VentraIP’ option to update all the domain name records in your WHMCS installation to reference the new Synergy Wholesale WHMCS Domains Module. This is a one-time process and does not need to be performed again. Note: The tick box will not be shown as enabled upon saving.
- If you’ve previously used our module you’re able to skip the below step to add domain name extensions and pricing, but change the Auto Registration option.
You will need to configure your domain name extensions and pricing through WHMCS. This can be configured via Setup ? Products/Services ? Domain Pricing. Ensure that you have ‘Synergywholesaledomains’ selected in the Auto Registration dropdown. For more information on configuring domain names within WHMCS, please see http://docs.whmcs.com/Domains_Configuration.
- To assist you with ensuring the correct options are set on each extension (ID Protection, EPP Code requirements, et cetera) please refer to the Pricing section within the Synergy Wholesale management interface. We are investigating the possibility of providing our wholesale partners with an automated way of adding new extensions as they become available and further information will be posted on the Synergy Wholesale blog.
- Congratulations, you have now configured the Synergy Wholesale WHMCS Domains Module and are ready to start accepting orders!
Common Issues with PHP and WHMCS
- Fatal error: The file /public_html/includes/whoisfunctions.php was encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.3 and cannot run under PHP 7.0. Please ask the provider of the script to provide a version encoded with the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.6. in Unknown on line 0
Answer: If you have upgraded from WHMCS 6 to WHMCS 7 and using PHP 7 you’ll see the above error. This is a legacy file and is no longer required by WHMCS. Rename the file in includes/whoisfunctions.php ? old-whoisfunctions.php.
Cron Configuration To Sync Data Automatically
To ensure the data within your WHMCS is kept up to date you will need to configure the domain sync cron which is included with WHMCS. For further information on this, please refer to http://docs.whmcs.com/Domains_Tab#Domain_Sync_Enabled.