How to enable the Smart Update feature in WordPress Toolkit
What is Smart Update?
Smart Update is a feature that allows you to test updates to your website, its plugins and themes without actually affecting the website itself.
This feature will clone the website, run all of the updates on the clone, then run a number of checks against the updated website to see if the updates caused any issues.
All going well, the results of the changes made to the clone will be made available to you as the owner of the website. And you can make an educated guess as to whether or not you want to push the updated version of the website to the live website.
How to enable Smart Update
- Login to your Synergy Wholesale account
- Click on Hosting to the left of the page
- Click on Manage
- Click on the web hosting service you want to login to
- Click on the Maintenance tab in the drop-down menu
- Click cPanel Login
- Click on WordPress Toolkit under Applications
- Turn Smart Update on by click on the switch next to “Smart Update”