Installing the WHMCS Domain Registrar module
The following guide will assist you in installation and configuration of the Synergy Wholesale WHMCS Domain Registrar module into your WHMCS installation.
- Download the latest Synergy Wholesale WHMCS Domain Registrar module from the API Information section of the Synergy Wholesale management system.
- Unzip the downloaded file and upload the contents of “synergywholesaledomains” to your WHMCS directory. (example: /home/user/whmcs/modules/registrars/synergywholesaledomains)
- Obtain your Reseller ID and API Key from the API Information section. In the event that you have not enabled API access you will need to follow the steps on-screen, and ensure that you add the IP address of your WHMCS installation into the ‘Allow IP Addresses’ section:
- Login to your WHMCS installation and hover over over the Settings icon (spanner icon) at the top right of WHMCS, then click System Settings, then click on Domain Registrars. When viewing this page scroll down to Synergy Wholesale Domains Module and click Activate to be presented with the module configuration options:
- Retrieve your Reseller ID and API Key and insert them into the relevant sections in the module configure page (as shown above).
- Now that the WHMCS module has been installed you will need to configure your domain name extensions and pricing through WHMCS. This can be configured via Setup ? Products/Services ? Domain Pricing. Ensure that you have ‘Synergywholesaledomains’ selected in the Auto Registration dropdown. For more information on configuring domain names within WHMCS, please see http://docs.whmcs.com/Domains_Configuration.
- To assist you with ensuring the correct options are set on each extension (ID Protection, EPP Code requirements, et cetera) please refer to the Pricing section within the Synergy Wholesale management interface. We are investigating the possibility of providing our wholesale partners with an automated way of adding new extensions as they become available and further information will be posted on the Synergy Wholesale blog.
- Congratulations, you have now configured the Synergy Wholesale WHMCS Domains Module and are ready to start accepting orders!
Cron Configuration To Sync Data Automatically
To ensure the domain name data within your WHMCS is kept up to date you will need to configure the domain sync cron which is included with WHMCS. For further information on this, please refer to http://docs.whmcs.com/Domains_Tab#Domain_Sync_Enabled.